Which Are The Must Have Toys For 11-Year-Olds
The Holiday Season is almost upon us, and time is running out. Your favorite 11-year-old niece or nephew is notoriously difficult to buy gifts for, and you’re from a large family, so you only have a limited budget to spend on his or her present. So you need to find the very best toys for 11-year-olds within your price range.
Luckily for you, you’re not alone in this predicament! 11-year-olds are generally difficult to buy for. They’re at an in-between age: no longer a little kid, but not quite a teenager yet either. Well our suggestions for toys for 11-year-olds will hopefully help you choose.
That’s why I’ve done some work looking into what to buy for 11-year-olds, so you don’t have to. Here’s six options sure to make your favorite niece or nephew happy as a clam without breaking the bank!
Selected Games And Toys For 11-Year-Olds
LEGO Minecraft: The Fortress 21127
Minecraft is a popular computer game among 11-year-olds. And who doesn’t love LEGO?
This gift is the perfect choice for anyone who’s a fan of either.
For anyone who isn’t familiar with Minecraft, the game involves mining resources and gathering livestock. But there’s an army of skeletons out to steal your sheep – so you need to build a fortress to protect yourself!
LEGO Minecraft: The Fortress allows kids to enjoy a hands-on Minecraft experience. The model is easy to build and rebuild and features all their favorite Minecraft characters.
What’s really great about this option is that there’s a whole series. That means you can get the expansion packs later on maybe for birthday gifts – it’s the gift that keeps giving!
- 3 alternative suggested model configurations with building instructions (and with the fertile 11-year-old imagination, the possibilities are endless!)
- Large pressure-plate fortress doors
- Lookout towers
- Functioning cannons
- Barred windows
- A prison area with its own functioning door
- Decorative Creeper banners
- Decorative trees and crops
- LEGO fires and torches
- 984 LEGO pieces
- Includes a Steve minifigure, a horse, sheep, and three skeletons
- Accessories: Steve’s gold armor and helmet, armor stand, crafting table, weapons chest, and a bale of hay
- 5 Steve swords and 3 skeleton bows
- Product Dimensions (in box): 18.9 by 14.9 by 3.7 inches
- Weight: 4 pounds
- Level of Difficulty: Average
- ASIN Number: B01CVGV5CM
Don’t forget we’ve plenty of reviews on other Lego products here for you to read.
DoubleE RC Rock Crawler Dual Motors Rechargeable Remote Control Truck Off-Road RC
If your favorite nephew is as a big a fan of cars as mine is, he’ll definitely appreciate the DoubleE RC Rock Crawler Dual Motors Rechargeable Remote Control Truck Off-Road RC vehicle. This is more than your run-of-the-mill remote control car.
The DoubleE RC Rock Crawler has a bunch of awesome features that simulate a real off-road vehicle of its type, including dual motors and headlights. There’s even a real Independent Suspension System! And for such a small car, it has some impressive four-wheel-drive torque too.
So if your nephew is interested in electronics, technology, or just in cars, I strongly recommend the DoubleE RC Rock Crawler!
- 1:12 large scale design
- Four-wheel-drive system (which is more powerful and stable than the usual two-wheel-drive system for remote control cars)
- Dual motors (front and rear) for stronger torque, allowing the DoubeE RC Rock Crawler to cover any terrain
- Independent bumpers to protect the model from the inevitable crashes
- Independent suspension system to protect the motors on its bumpy ride
- Functioning headlight simulation
- PVC rubber wheels – shockproof and anti-skid
- 4G radio system
- 2-3 hours charging time
- 25-30 minutes of use
- 200ft range
- Moves forward, backward, left, right, and can climb
- Product Dimensions: 17.9 by 12 by 7.9 inches
- Weight: 1.5 pounds
- ASIN: B06XNNW1VQ
Star Wars Droid Inventor Kit
Star Wars is a franchise that spans generations. How many times have you wanted your own R2D2? I know it’s been a dream of mine since I was a kid!
With Star Wars making waves with the new generation as well, thanks to the recent releases The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi, we’re seeing younglings sharing that passion. And they don’t have to stick to key chains, badges, coasters, LEGO, and plush toys (although all of these are still incredibly cool too).
The Star Wars Droid Inventor Kit is an awesome STEM product that allows kids of all ages (well, 8-years and up at least) to create their own R2D2 droid. Even better, they can customize the dynamic droid – so there’s no pressure to create R2D2 exactly. In fact, the droid actively encourages adaptation and reconfiguration to stimulate inventive minds. Once assembled, the Droid Inventor Kit can even complete 17 Star Wars-themed missions.
And the best part?
It doesn’t matter whether it’s your niece or nephew who’s a Star Wars fan. LittleBits CEO Ayah Bdeir, who also founded the company responsible for this insanely cool kit, actively promotes it as gender-inclusive. So perfect toys for 11-year-olds? We think so!
After all, who says Star Wars (or technological ingenuity) is something only boys should be interested in?
For under $100, this is a toy that will keep your favorite 11-year-old niece or nephew entertained for years to come!
- A loyal sidekick that has very few limitations on what kids can do adapt and customize the kit. Who knows – they might build a Delivery Droid or an Intruder Alarm!
- 17 Star Wars-themed missions
- Force Mode allows younglings to practice their Jedi skills by guiding the droid with their hands – without having to make any physical contact with the assembled kit!
- The controller features a host of Drive Mode functions that can be unlocked by completing missions through the app, allowing for full motion control
- Even cooler, the droid has Self Navigation capabilities too. When it detects an obstacle in its path, the system automatically changes course – as if it had a mind of its own
- Product Dimensions: 16 by 12 by 6 inches
- Weight: 5 pounds
- One non-standard battery required (included in purchase)
- ASIN: B06XYD1LRN
LEGO Friends Amusement Park Roller Coaster 41130 Toy for Girls and Boys (Bonus – Get the Special Set!)
LEGO has always been awesome, and it just gets better and better every year.
You know what else kids love? Amusement parks.
The LEGO Friends Amusement Park Roller Coaster 41130 Toy for Girls and Boys combines the best of both worlds and great options as toys for 11-year-olds.
But a roller coaster isn’t the only part of an amusement park, right? Which is why I think it’s great that you can get the Roller Coaster, Space Ride, and Arcade sets – all for under $100. Talk about value for money and endless hours of fun. Getting this combo for your favorite niece or nephew is sure to cement your position as their favorite aunt or uncle!
Best of all, there’s other add-on sets available to expand the amusement park come birthday time.
Just in case you’re only thinking of buying the Roller Coaster set (without the two expansion sets – Arcade and Space Ride) included in the special, the details are kept separate below.
- Push-along roller coaster with four carriages, each seating a mini figure. And if you have a mini figure character in the front carriage, the functioning light brick will switch on too! The roller coaster also features an entrance area, complete with an opening safety barrier (turnstile), a control panel with levers, photo camera and photo booth, and obstacles you can place along the track. Accessories include two photos, a map, two tickets, a coin, a bill, a water and soda bottle, sunglasses, and a hair bow. There’s also a six-bucket rotating Ferris wheel and two-seater drop-tower.
- The Space Ride pack is also jam-packed with awesome features, including an ice-cream stand. Three articulated arms (each seating a mini figure) spin around the ticket and photo booth, and rise higher and higher. Holographic stickers help to create whirling speed effects – like a real amusement park ride!
- The Amusement Park Arcade adds a delightful finishing touch to the set. This piece features three classic arcade games. Your mini figure can have fun with the whackable frog, which pops up and down with each hit of the mallet, before moving on to the water pistols. The water pistols have a working trigger that launches a small blue LEGO piece at three targets, which can be knocked down and flipped back up again. Once your mini figure has mastered the water gun, it’s time to move on to the basketball hoop, which has a working lever launch.
- 1124 LEGO pieces (Roller Coaster set) plus 174 LEGO pieces (Arcade expansion set) plus 195 LEGO pieces (Space Ride expansion set) – total 1493 LEGO pieces
- 4 LEGO Minifigures (Roller Coaster set) plus 1 LEGO mini figure (Arcade expansion set) plus 1 LEGO minifigure (Space Ride expansion set) – total 6 LEGO Minifigures
- Product Dimensions (in box): 18.9 by 14.9by 3.7 inches (Roller Coaster set), 5 by 3 by 3 inches (Arcade expansion set), and 10.3 by 7.5 by 2.4 inches (Space Ride expansion set)
- Product Weight: 3.9 pounds (Roller Coaster set) plus 0.45 pounds (Arcade expansion set) plus 0.75 pounds (Space Ride expansion pack) – total 5.1 pounds
- ASIN: B01CU9WV32
National Geographic Hobby Rock Tumbler Kit (Bonus – Get the Special Set!)
11-year-olds are increasingly inquisitive, but still have a childlike fascination with exploring. The National Geographic Hobby Rock Tumbler Kit is a great gift that puts the fun back into learning about natural wonders!
Touted as an absolute necessity for young rock collectors, the rock tumbler helps young explorers learn more about gems and semi-precious stones. Kids can turn dull-looking stones into sparkling wonders and learn about different types of rock and rock formations while they play. You can even turn the stones into jewelry such as rings, necklaces, or a key chain with the custom fastenings included.
If you’re worried about the expected noise from putting stones into a tumbler, worry no more. While the Hobby Rock Tumbler isn’t 100% silent, its rubber barrel does muffle a lot of the sound.
The kit includes four polishing grits, nine types of rough gemstones, a sifter, and a learning guide. For a little bit extra, but still within your $100 budget, you can add a Rough Gemstone Refill Kit and the 64-page National Geographic Kids: Everything Rocks and Minerals booklet.
Awesome gift for young explorers, aspiring geologists, and science buffs.
- Powerful motor that lasts for years
- Leak-proof, noise-reducing barrel design
- 6-piece jewelry fastenings
- Half-pound assortment of rough gemstones (the Refill Kit has a pound of rough gemstones)
- Gemstone learning guide with operating instructions (the extra booklet has a whole bunch of extra information and photos)
- Automatic shutoff timer
- Product Dimensions: 10.8 by 8 by 9.5 inches (Hobby Rock Tumbler Kit), 3 by 3 by 8 inches (Refill Kit), and 9.2 by 0.2 by 11 inches (National Geographic Kids booklet)
- Weight: 4 pounds (Hobby Rock Tumbler Kit) plus 1 pound (Refill Kit) plus 0.65 pounds (National Geographic Kids booklet) – total 5.65 pounds
- ASIN: B01LQCIL88
Kidzlane Infrared Laser Tag: Game Mega Pack
For our final suggestion for toys for 11-year-olds. Laser tag is a fun game enjoyed by players of all ages, but who says who can’t play at home?
Your favorite niece or nephew will never forget who their favorite aunt or uncle is if you get them the Kidzlane Infrared Laser Tag: Game Mega Pack!
With four laser tag pistols (blue, green, orange, and red), kids can enjoy this game with their friends – or challenge the adults. They won’t be limited to sticking to the pistol function though: the Kidzlane Infrared Laser Tag guns have four settings – pistol, shotgun, submachine, and rocket.
The laser emission is 100% child safe, with less than 1mW infrared emissions. To help keep things fair, the 130ft-range laser guns also feature life bars.
It doesn’t matter how bright it is either – the guns work perfectly in full sunlight. Although it’s way more fun to play in the dark, right? Especially as the cool light effects are way more visible!
The set requires 16 AA batteries (four batteries per pistol), which unfortunately are not included.
- Four laser tag pistols (Blue, green, red, and orange)
- Four gun settings (pistol, shotgun, submachine gun, and rocket)
- Full sound and light effects, plus vibration
- Life bars
- 130ft shooting range
- Infrared emissions less than 1mW (100% child safe)
- Can be used in full daylight
- Battery operated (4 AA batteries per pistol, not included)
- Product Dimensions (in box): 12.5 by 7.5 by 7.2 inches
- Weight: 3.7 pounds
- ASIN: B01LYSDNJE
That’s a Wrap!
There you have it – my top six gift ideas for games and toys for 11-year-olds, even when you have $100 or less to spend!
The holiday season can be expensive, but that doesn’t mean everything has to be. And just think – your favorite niece or nephew is never going to doubt that you’re their favorite aunt or uncle if you get them any of these awesome gifts.