The Kyosho Ferrari F40 Light Weight Red
Before we begin the review of the Kyosho Ferrari F40 let’s tell you a little about this cars background.
The Ferrari F40 is the last car that was signed by Enzo himself, before he passed away. It is a very special series from Ferrari, as it continues the heritage from 250 GTO and 288 GTO. It contains a Twin Turbo V8 Engine, 5-speed manual, carrying a 471 HP and it goes 0 – 60 mph in 3.8 seconds. For a car manufactured in the 80s, it’s one heck of a rocket!
The F40’s lifetime was from 1987 to 1992. At first, it was only going to be produced for 399 units but it ended up with more than 1200 units produced. Today, the price of the Ferrari F40 is up to $1.5 million, and the price will keep increasing. It is for sure one of the best Ferrari creation ever; a beautiful mix of design and hardcore engine.
The F40 has lightweight windows made of racing acrylic/plastic which slide open sideways. The only scale from the Kyosho F40 Lightweight range that can be opened and closed is the 1:12 scale. Whereas the window is completely closed on the 1:18 and 1:43 scales.
The Kyosho Ferrari f40 1 12 and 1:18 have a similar rear light, with a bright orange / yellow turn light and bright red brake light. Meanwhile, the 1:43 scale F40 lightweight has a dark smoked rear light for both the red and orange/yellow light. Also, above the license plate and grill, the 1:12 and 1:18 have 2 small license plate light, whilst the F40 has none.
The 1:12 and 1:18 F40 Lightweight have the “F40” License Plate. However, the 1:43 is just a plain grill with no license plate, as if it had just come from the factory.
All the engine hoods have a stick to hold them up and open. The 1:12 and 1:43 have a similar kind of stick, which is folded at the rear of the engine near the exhaust. The only difference between the 1:12 and the 1:43 is that you can actually open and use the folded stick to hold up the engine hood. In comparison, for the 1:43 it’s just for decoration and can’t be used. On the 1:18, Kyosho do provide a hood stick to hold the engine hood open. However, this is provided in the box as a separate accessory rather than being stored in the car itself.
All 3 different scales can open the front hood and this is where you’ll find a small bag. Differences here are that for the 1:12 and 1:18 scale it’s a dark grey bag, while for the 1:43 it’s a light grey bag.
The F40 is one of only a few cars in the 80’s which has 3 mufflers. Back then, it was perhaps a sign that the more muffler you have the faster your car goes. The 1:43 scale exhaust is levelled with the bumper, while the 1:18 and 1:12 exhaust is a bit more pop out of the bumper.
For the gear stick, only the one in the 1:12 that can be moved, for the other 2 scales, its a dead stick.
The small details that we can detect are:
- The fuel tank lid, only the 1:12 scale can be open and close.
- In the interior, the sun visor for the 1:12 and 1:18 scale, can be moved up an down / open and close.
- As for the 1:43, it has a sealed door. Inside the door panel, it’s an empty panel because they get rid of the covering to reduce the car’s weight
- Within the 1:18 there is a cable inside the empty panel, and in the 1:12 it is totally clean.
The last special thing for the 1:12 scale is, there is a special key to open the wheel bolts. That’s the benefit of the larger the scale, there will be more detail in the car. But between the 1:12 and 1:18 scale there’s not so much difference within the detail. Kyosho’s work on the F40 is impressive, they really pull it off with this model. A special diecast for a special car.
Kyosho Mini-Z MR-03S2 Red Ferrari F40 1:27 Scale Hobby-Grade RC Car Vehicle
Kyosho Mini-Z MR-03S2 Red Ferrari F40Features;
- MR-03 Sports2 is the most advanced hobby-grade micro RC car that features fully proportional controls and
- Factory-licensed bodies that rival the scale detail of a Diecast car
- This factory-assembled Ready set is truly ready to go as soon as you install four AAA-size alkaline batteries in the transmitter, and four more in the car.
- Features hundreds of available performance option parts and an equal number of highly-detailed
- Replacement bodies of all types.
- These Factory-licensed replicas have to meet the highest standards of scale and quality.
- Modular racetracks made from modular foam panels are available separately for racing at home or you can used multiple tracks for a huge circuit!